Wednesday, January 30, 2008

wizacky weather in the hizzouse

The weather Gods have freaked out and apparently decided to give us every type of weather in one week. Fun for us lowly unsuspecting humans! Monday was nearly 50*, and I was dragged kicking & screaming outside to throw the football with Evan. Today it's about 9* and mega windy. The kind of wind where you are sure your house is going to be swept away. Or your small car. (Reason #214 to be thankful I drive a Hummer)
I'm not really happy it's windy; I'm squinting so I'm not blinded by the flying hairs whipping around. I am, however, glad that it's cold enough to allow me to wear the softest scarf in the world all day long. It's like a fuzzy hug.
And someone (ok, it was me) forgot to bring in the plastic container of girl scout stuff off the porch last night. Luckily I had taken out all the cookie order forms, becasue our sign up sheet vanished, and the box was broken to smithereens. The lid was unscathed, which goes a long way towards explaining why we have such a weird box to lid ratio in our house.
Hey, how did that monkey get in here?
Don't be alarmed. He's not real.
I made him for this kid that I know that loves monkeys. I hope it doesn't scare him to death.
And this would be my latest project, a wraparound cari in the lovliest shade called 'embers'. It's beautiful but not fussy, and hopefully very flattering on chubby girls.
See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no fair I can't see any of the photos you posted. This weather is wicked-I awoke at 3:00a.m. and didn't really get back to sleep cuz of it. Makes for a long day. yes, M's hair is growing out again until it drives us bonkers...