Tuesday, January 29, 2008

gimme cookie (channel Cookie Monster as you say this)



This is the scene on my kitchen table today as I scurry to fill out cookie order forms. Yes, it's that time of year again...Girl Scout cookie time. I have to turn in my order tomorrow morning, so the pressure is on to make sure my math adds up and no one gets shorted cookies. People get angry when they get shorted cookies.
Our troop of 12 (with 11 selling) sold 990 boxes of cookies. Which is 75 cases. Which is a lot of cookies in my house. Add another 25 cases for the cookie booth, and I am virtually swimming in Caramel Delights and Peanut Butter patties. It's a few, I'm just sayin'.

Today I believe I hit a personal new low on the slug-o-meter. I woke up with really horrid ovulation cramps...there is too such a thing. Shut up. If you have never had them, they can be worse than actual period cramps. I didn't much feel like doing anything, so I read and dozed on my heating pad until they went away. I added cookie forms. I read a magazine. I finished my monkey. I watched Bugs Bunny on my computer. Truly exciting stuff. It's amazing that I don't have my own reality show by now.
And let's talk about tv, please. Will the writer's strike ever end, or am I going to have to have a hissy fit? Last night was the worst. The worst. The only thing on the tube all night was the State of the Union address. Snoozefest. I know I should care, and I try to. I really do. I just don't. I watched out of sheer boredom and lack of proximity to the remote control. I can't stand all the self congratulatory applause and empty promises. The best part was watching for Hillary, and the expression on her face. I was hoping to catch an actual eye roll, but I think she checked herself in time. And Ted Kennedy? was he sleeping? This is not a long address. He should be able to stay awake for it.
So nothing on.tv. It breaks my heart. At least Lost is on this week. Sing hallelujah.
Hey, did you know that Apple & iTunes rent movies now? This is exciting! I have been waiting anxiously for Netflix to get the approval to 'watch instantly' on a Mac, but so far it hasn't happened. I would be carrying my laptop with me all day, glued to the screen. Maybe this is a good thing. But I am planning to rent one just to try it out. For shits & giggles.
Tuesday out!

No comments: