Friday, February 26, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
The pattern sizing is 6-12 months, but the colorwork makes the front not have a lot of stretch, so it looks smaller than that to me. I wish I had a baby to try it on! For now, I'll just have to imagine baby Johnston sporting it in the fall.
Monday, February 22, 2010
: the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for; also : an instance of this
Last night I was wishing for nothing more than to not have to drive to soccer practice tonight.
This morning woke up to a snow day, and the realization that my world looks like the inside of a recently shaken snowglobe. It's beautiful, ethereal, and most undoubtedly will result in no practice.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
...and some of this, too...
All in various stages of completion. Not to mention the 900 other things I have going at any given minute. I like to start new projects, what can I say? I promise to show FO when there are some actual FO's!
- Rumor has it that we are going to get some snow tomorrow! And while I usually never root for the white stuff, our winter has been so pathetic I would love for it to blanket us in it's crystalline white beauty. Then again, Thursday is GS cookie delivery day, and I will have to unload 50 cases of cookies out of the car. By myself. Gah.
- It was report card week! My smartie girl got 2 A+'s and 6 A's (she's such an under achiever!) and my equally smart boy got high marks all across the board. He's had a rough semester behaviour-wise, so I was worried that it would be reflected in his grades. Lucky for him, it wasn't. Now he can sleep in the house with the rest of the family.
- Starting to plan my SIL's baby shower. Emma spent hours looking at all the schnitzel available online that you can get personalized for showers. Obviously, she won't have access to the credit card or we would have more crap than we know what to do with! If anyone knows any good, fun baby shower games, pass them along! I'm trying to be more creative than baby bingo.
- We went to a soccer warehouse sale this weekend, where we got 2 pair of cleats, one soccer ball, one mini ball, one pair of shinguards, one really nice pair of goalie gloves, one mens' track pants and one pair of shorts...all for under $100. Everything was 50-85% off. There were hundreds of people crammed into this tiny 'warehouse' of madness. Couldn't get out fast enough.
- I'm hoping Bart can get the snowblower started...
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Um...Phil...maybe we're not ready for you to retire just yet. According to FS, winter will last approximately 9 more weeks. I think someone needs to start his diet!