Thursday, January 24, 2008

go fiber!


After my day of 'near scrapping' (hey, is that like near beer?) 
I spent the day in pursuit of total domination of the fiber world.
In other words, I went to the yarn store.

This is Thread Bear in Lansing. It is mecca for yarn lovers. I am in heaven. If I were to die here, that would be ok. Not to mention the cute pups that were wandering the store, looking for a head scratch.
I went to this store a few days ago, but couldn't find the cable to plug my camera into the computer.
Today I went to City Knits.
I had lunch downtown with my honey. We haven't done lunch in a long time, and I wanted to go on a day I could pop into the store. I was so proud -I managed to get there & back all by myself.
Not a small feat, to be sure. I'm usually the passenger, not the driver.
I didn't take any pix in the store, but it was nice. Not as nice as Thread Bear, but then again, how could it be. Still enjoyable.

This is my latest finished project, cabled fingerless mitts. They are made from variegated wool, and are very cozy. I like these a lot. The cuffs are much longer than the first pair of fingerless gloves I made. I can see wearing these when I'm trying to take pix outside in the snow. Or walking the dog. Or taking out the trash.

the kids have the day off
tomorrow. I'm thrilled. Evan has a birthday party, and we are going to go hang with the 'rents. Nothing much will get accomplished. It's all good.
Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

SAR girls said...

You know I wont let you get oof that easy..."near" scrapping. Hmmph! :)

~jan

Anonymous said...

Max is off today as well. We are going rollerskating again-like we did on Monday. Wish I'd known sooner we could have coordinated a day together. Happy weekend.