Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year









Last night, as I was watching the snow fall, I was thinking of fresh beginnings and all that they entail. I had about 25 meaningful things to say, none of which I can recall right this moment.
Isn't that just the way life is?
The power went out at 5:15, for less than a minute. It was long enough to wake me and get my mind going. It was beautiful outside. My dad & stepmom were flying to Florida this morning-would they be able to make it out? Were the plows ready? Please don't tell me school is going to be cancelled on Wednesday. It was nearly 8 before I fell back to sleep. Lots of things rolling around in there. It was the most awake I have felt in 3 weeks.
I need the awakeness and alertness to follow me into 2008. I want to accomplish more on a daily basis than I have been. I want to start walking again. I loved the long walks I used to take. Not just for the exercise aspect of it, but the aloneness was wonderful too. I miss that. I want to become better organized and less wasteful. I want to try new things.
Here's a few of the pix I took today-some of our yard and some of the kids sledding.

1 comment:

Benita said...

HA! You call that snow? You hardly got any compared to us....we ended up with 13 1/2" this morning & probably another 2 inches so far tonight.

Happy New Year :)