Monday, January 21, 2008

wake up call

So I had one of those moments the other day
when I went to the doctor to get some antibiotics to rid me of my ick.
The cute lil' nurse practitioner led me to the scale
(which is the best part of every doctor visit)
and I was smacked upside the head with the number that popped up.
That can't be right.
There is no way that this number is me.
I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream.
I wanted a brownie.

I AM FAT.
I AM OVERWEIGHT.
I HAVE NO CONTROL.

I am heavier than I have ever been in my entire life, even while pregnant.
I am heavier than probably all three of the family members in my house put together.
I am heavier than a few of the contestants on 'The Biggest Loser'.

In three months I will be forty, and I can't live the way I have been living for the last 40. Something has got to change. Starting now. Not tomorrow. Not next month. Now.

Now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain-thus why I try to get my large ass into the gym 3-4 times or more per week. So far this year I've fallen off the wagon in the last week. But tomorrow is a new day!

SAR girls said...

Hi, Im Jan, Im a chocolaholic.
I feel your pain, my friend.