Wednesday, January 23, 2008

CZ on my left and AE on my right

Don't get too excited, because I haven't completed anything, but I actually sort of scrapbooked yesterday and today! I say 'sort of' because I don't have any actual projects to show you, just beginnings of projects.

I need to replace the Christmas LO's in the family room. There are 4.

I have 13 10"x10" frames (which reminds me, I need to go get 2 more) that I am going to put some favorite pix in. Sounds easy enough. But when I upgraded to Leopard, iPhoto is all different in how it organizes your stuff. So right now, I just have 5,000 pix all over the place, in next-to-no-order. I have been chipping away at ths mess little by little. It's time consuming. And I'm easily distracted and going off in another direction.
I did manage to upload a few to Costco, process and pick them up. Now I need to see if Michael's (or someone) can cut some of the mats to the sizes I want. I suck at cutting mats.

I spray painted my watch tin to make an altered clock. It's drying. I chose my papers & theme. There is going to be a little mini accordian book in the back, with pictures of Em & her friends. A few quotes. Cute embellishments. That sort of thing.

The most telling thing, however, is the fact that I dreamt about scrapping last night. I was at some sort of weeklong camping/crop thing. There were many layers to this dream. But the part I remember the most vividly is being at a table with Cathy Zielske & Ali Edwards, and we were all laying out our stuff. We were all working on water pictures of some sort. Cathy was wearing a cape (yes, a cape), and we were just laughing and having fun and not getting a lot done. And it was the best time ever.
I would normally think this was very pathetic, but I have cropped with Ali before, so I'm not a total wishful thinking stalker. And I have met Cathy, briefly. I read their blogs daily. I feel like I know them.
Apparently I need to get out more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that is a fun scrappy dream!

SAR girls said...

Welcome home my friend, welcome home! ;)

~jan