Wednesday, January 2, 2008

All is calm, all is bright

The kids are back in school. Bart is back to work.
The neighborhood is shiny and white from the recent snowfall.
I am blissfully alone.

Not that this winter break was a tough one. It wasn't. Em & Ev managed to be nice to each other more than on average. I didn't have to cook much. Bart & I only had one argument. All in all, it was good. If we hadn't spent so much time sick, it would have been near perfect. There is just something wonderful about the day the routine returns.

There is, of course, lots to do this first week of January. Many hours of de-Christmasing are in my immediate future. Lots of things to organize and clean. One thing at a time.
After I finish my cup of tea :)

On a sad note, it hardly seems fair that the sun should be shining so brightly on the day when a neighbor and friend of ours is leaving for Iraq. I only learned of his deployment yesterday. My emotions are all over the place for my friends, and their children. 400 days is a lifetime over there. If you have any extra room in your thoughts and prayers, send them to the Coe family. I know they will greatly appreciate each and every one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will keep him in my prayers for a safe and healthy return. I am so not looking foward to taking down all the christmas stuff. UGH it makes my head hurt to think bout it... Let's get together soon for dinner and a movie or lunch and a visit!