Tuesday, January 8, 2008

fetching!


Look what I made!
This fingerless glove is called 'fetching' and it represents a  lot of firsts for me!
-it's my first glove
-it's the first time I tried magic loop, and I have mastered the technique!
-it's the first time i made cables, which I love but am scared of. They are ridiculously do-able.
And the best part is that you can make a pair in less than a weekend. Seriously!
I am going to make many pairs in many colors and yarns.
So now I am going to try another first-a sweater for myself!

My house smells delicious right now, because I am making this for dinner. It's Sharyn's fault. She made it first and talked it up so much I just had to try it. And her kids ate many helpings of it, so I figured it was worth a try.
It really smells fantabulous.
Dinner is a long time from now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool finger-i think. Yum I bet it was a tasty meal.

Sharyn said...

ooooooooooh!!!! I want to order a key lime pair!

and we NEEEEEED to get togethah!!!

SAR girls said...

Nice gloves-love the cable-be afraid no more! :) Now, get to work on a clock for my blog! ;)