Sunday, February 24, 2008

three to see


My three favorite movies I have seen this year, by coincedence, were all seen this past week. Funny how that works sometimes! I am pretty easy to please entertainment wise, and try to find something enjoyable in all flicks. These movies made it easy.

Once Is about a street musician who wants to be something more, and a woman he meets who helps him realize his dream. It is a lovely movie, with an awesome soundtrack that I immediately downloaded. Then I watched it again.

Waitress is a movie I have been wanting to see for a long time. I love Keri Russell, so I usually try to catch whatever she is in. I was almost scared to see this movie... I wanted it to be really good. And it was. I could watch this over and over.

Juno got me into the theater by myself for the first time ever! I loved Ellen Page. I think Diablo Cody rocks. Allison Janney & Jason Bateman were perfect. And I now have a crush on Michael Cera. Between Juno & Superbad-he rocks my world. Way not in my age group, but I dig him.

I'm so excited for the Academy Awards tonight. I didn't see all of the movies. Not anywhere close, even. But I did see many of the nominated performances. I like surprises, although it sounds like many of the awards are locked in. It'll still be good.

We worked for 6+ hours in the basement yesterday. One thing led to another which led to another, and before you know it we have ceiling tiles pulled down and everything emptied from the furnace room. It's more of a mess than when we started. But it's manageable now, and I can do it by myself. No more heavy lifting. Well, for now anyway. My reward is extreme soreness all over every inch of my body. I didn't move much today.
Good Sunday to ya!

4 comments:

Benita said...

Your post exhausted me just reading about what you did :)

BTW, I confessed to the 'other' magazine on my blog ;) You asked for it! LOL

Anonymous said...

I've two out of three of those movies and I loved them. I will have to check "once" out. I just bought the Juno cd at Target-love, love, love it! Are you expanding your scrap room by cleaning out that space. curious minds want to know?

Creative ADD said...

Haven't seen any of those, but need to. Have you seen Across the Universe? Soooooo fabulous! Did you happen to catch Martha this morning? She made bangle bracelets from leftover yarn. Sounded like it was right up your alley.

Kache said...

Once is on my netflix list too! And I'm waiting for Juno to come out on dvd :)