Monday, February 25, 2008

super exciting stuff

Not working has it's benefits. I get to do exciting things all day, like wash & sort out the utensil drawer. I know, you're jealous.
I also get to do things like meet a friend for coffee & knitting. I even initiated the meeting, which is just so not me. I find myself doing a lot of things lately that are not me, just so that I don't go crazy with boredom. I'm not bored a lot. My sister-in-law described me as
'a self contained unit', which I choose to interpret as 'self-entertaining'. I've always been good at entertaining myself, whether it's by reading, knitting, scrapping, watching tv, surfing the web. I pass the time. Sometimes too much of it.

Here's my progress so far on the baby blanket. I just started decreasing. It might be a little on the smallish side, but will be big enough to cover up in the stroller or car seat. I'm going to add a cool blue border when I'm all finished. It's the softest blanket ever. The yarn is called 'pj's', so you know it's cozy. It sheds a ton though, and after coffee I got up and was covered in fuzz balls. Hopefully when I wash it, it will stop with the shedding. We can't have people thinking the baby has a condition.

I'm annoyed to hear that we have a major storm on the way tonight and thru the day tomorrow. We have our girl scout cookie booth tomorrow, and it's going to suck if the weather is bad. I can see us selling 8 boxes of cookies, and standing around the rest of the time.
First thing Wednesday morning I'm picking up the 75 cases of cookies that were pre-ordered. I then sort them into orders, and hopefully everyone comes to pick them up. This year I think I'm going to unload them & sort them in the garage, especially if we get all the snow. Lugging them in the house & then back out again blows. I don't need all that muck tracked into my house either. Ick.
Until later!

4 comments:

Creative ADD said...

What a fun idea, knitting and coffee. You deserve to take the time to relax, being momma is hard work, not to mention girl scout mom and soccer coach. You wouldn't be interested in attending a PartyLite Candle party at my house on sunday, March 16th would you, let me know if you're down.

Anonymous said...

Sue-I would love to meet for coffee and a knitting instruction some morning soon. HINT!!! I still have all the stuff from my b-day you gave me and Max keeps asking me when I am going to teach him how to knit. Seriously!

Benita said...

You need to seriously consider selling your knitting stuff on Etsy.....it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My hubby is starting to understand GS cookies. His best friend's wife had to use her hubby's truck to pick up all the cookies, and it took THREE trips. I pointed out that we bought a case of thin mints from that girl, and another 6 boxes from another scout, and that orders like that add up to a storage/transportation problem for the parents!