Friday, February 15, 2008

I got my baby back baby back baby back

I am happy to report that my baby is back home safe & sound
after spending the day at the Genius Bar yesterday.
A lovely boy named Zack helped to restore my photos and my dignity.
We aren't sure what the problem was, but he ended up taking everything off the hard drive and reinstalling a new iPhoto library.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude
and work to do. Many photos were duplicated
and I lost my categories, so I have to start from scratch.
There are 10,000 photos.
Yeeks.
But I am glad to have them there.
I guess we all knw what I will be doing for the next month!

5 comments:

Benita said...

Glad to hear that you were able to get your photos back. Now BACK THEM UP, GIRL! I have an external harddrive & try to back them up once a month.

Anonymous said...

Sue-burn those babies to cd's or to an external hard drive. I learned my lesson last year when I lost three months worth of photos. Haven't recovered them still but i know they are there I am just locked out of them. I back up to my external every month to six weeks. Glad they were able to find them. I like the catagory idea I just give them folder names...

SAR girls said...

YAY for people like Zach at the genius bar!! Have fun sorting!

knitting elephant said...

I'm so glad you got everything almost back to normal! I have thousands of photos as well, and although they're all backed up onto an external drive, that doesn't much help if the categorizing within iPhoto is shot, does it?! Best of luck (and patience) to you in re-organizing.

Kris said...

PHEW!!! Congrats! :)