Monday, February 11, 2008

munKee love

I finished Emma's monkey last night, and he turned out so cute!
I totally did this freeform. No pattern. Just using the little bits of knowledge I have accrued so far in knitting toys (which is not much). This morning I decided that I didn't like the hands & feet I knit, so they got the axe.
Here is munKee hanging out in the kitchen.
Here is a shot of his cheeky buns, complete with lil' heart. I was gonna put it on front but it would have been somewhere in the middle of his body. So in the back it went.
He found a little sunbeam and is sunbathing.
The yarn was a pain in the rear to work with, but also forgiving. It hides a multitude of sins, and bad stitches. So I guess it's good for toys.

It's still freezing butt cold here. This morning the thermostat on the car read -1. Eek. That's cold. I was a little surprised the kids had school today. Glad, but surprised.
I'm making brats & red cabbage for dinner, and the whole house smells like apple cider vinegar. Tart & sweet. Yum. It looks so colorful in my lime green dutch oven.
Well, that's all the news that's exciting around here. Woo-hoo.
BYE!

6 comments:

Erica Hernandez said...

I love the heart on his butt :p

Kache said...

That thing is so cute. I wish I could knit, I tried and it didn't work well.
I'm picturing the monkey running around without hands & feet now.

Creative ADD said...

You should make a bunch and sell them on Etsy. Very cute Sue!!

Tammy said...

He is adorable!!! I love the little heart, too. What a cute touch!
I totally wish my kids had school today! They're on mid-winter break this week.

SAR girls said...

Your "knokey" is way cute, Sue!

Anonymous said...

Ok that has to be the WAY cutest monkey EVER! ;) I wish I knew how to knit.....let me know if you ever decide to teach a class! ;)

(and so glad to have "re-discovered" your blog - between yours and Sharyn's, it totally makes my morning! :))