Friday, February 29, 2008

monster potholes of death

Have you driven around town lately?
i bring this up because in the last few days I've really noticed how bad the potholes in my neighborhood are.
I don't live in the inner city. I live in a nice subdivision in the metro area.
I don't figure that they could be worse downtown. Well, they probably could, but I'm really not trying to exaggerate. These suckers are huge!
I was driving down Haggerty on an innocent jaunt to Target when I first met the gauntlet of potholes. They are  strategically placed so as to offer the commuter the most possible chances to nailing at least one, if not more than one. It's impossible to swerve away from them. If you zig left, there's another one. Zag right, ditto. don't drive too close to the curb, because it's eroding faster the polar ice caps. (do they erode? I don't know.)
I drive a big ol' mean Hummer and I'm surprised I haven't lost a tire. I hit one on my way home, and I swear I was air borne for 3 seconds. How the rest of the general population not driving cars with giant tires are surviving, I don't know.
Then to top it off, it's snowing again today. Which just hides the potholes. A nice little surprise is waiting for you, just below the surface! 3-5" more. Whatever. All I know is that it's wet and sloppy and I washed my car yesterday. Naturally.
Happy leap day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you have no idea drive down Orhard Lake Rd it is a war zone of pot hole. I tell you. bad-bad-and more bad I avoid it at all costs and am ready to write a letter to the township about how serious this matter is. I am so looking forward to winter's end.

Kache said...

It's flippin insane!

SAR girls said...

Not only are they bad on the roads-but the parking lots too! My target parking lot almost swallowed my van whole! ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.