Wednesday, February 20, 2008

my house stinks!

The biggest downside of snowmobiling as far as I can tell
is the smell. 
My entire house smells like gasoline & exhaust. I have washed everything they took (because the smell is even on the things they didn't wear) except their boots, and I can still smell it.
I've sprayed Lysol all over, and I can still smell it.
I threw the duffel bags outside (after spraying them) and I can still smell it.
gah!

I finished my wraparound cardigan on Saturday. It's beautiful but not fussy. It's wooly. It fits! I still have to block it (which means that I wash it and dry flat, tugging it into perfect shape and it magically stays that way.) That will fix the rolled bottom, which right now is rolled about 3 inches up my belly. Not attractive.
I am so proud of myself! I actually made something that I would be proud to wear that is bigger than a scarf. I wasn't sure I would ever get to this point. It's cool.
this is the front tie. pretty, huh!
the entire cardi. The color is a little off here. It's really rusty and nice.
I didn't work in the basement anymore today because my back is sore from all the lifting and shit I did yesterday. Back at it tomorrow. I have big plans.
Sayonara! 

7 comments:

Creative ADD said...

Sue, you are so incredibly talented. It looks beautiful, I would definitely buy something like that. Look out Etsy?!?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

That's VERY nice. I'm impressed. The only thing fitted I've knitted are socks.

Kache said...

I really like that. You're a knitting queen, so jealous.

Emily said...

Wow, that's so impressive!! Do you scrapbook anymore??

Anonymous said...

Sorry. Look please here

Anonymous said...

Very pretty sweater-I am impressed. I can't wait to see pictures of the progress in that basement closet...

Kris said...

Oh my! That is just beautiful crafty lady!!! :)