Tuesday, February 12, 2008

how to keep warm

The key to staying warm in the bitter cold is layers.
Lots and lots of layers.

layer one: the sweatshirt layer. A hoodie is my personal choice.
layer two: the knitting layer. I have chosen a nice wool sweater for this layer.
layer three: the feline layer. The fluffier the better. Mine is very plush.
layer four: the cozy pants layer. For this example I have chosen Curious George.
layer five: the warm sock layer. Thick and wooly.
Combine all layers, sit back and enjoy the toasty warmness.
Of course, you may need to adjust your layers. My feline layer is warmer and rounder than most, providing me with extra warming.
My feline layer is also good at providing entertainment. At this moment he is trying to chew the knitting layer.
The benefit of layering is that you can remove layers as needed and still remain warm. 
I think it's time to remove my feline layer...

3 comments:

SAR girls said...

Me thinks I need a feline layer, but will settle for a squirmy 4 year old boy layer for now! :)

Tammy said...

Layering is good! :) Your kitty looks like my fat cat Chiana...very warm and fluffy she is.

Kache said...

Too frickin' cute!