Tuesday, July 8, 2008

wee lil' finished object

I'm all out of order with my fo's, but wanted to post a few pix before I forget.
Ruffled Dress from
Baby Knits by Lois Daykin
size: 3 months
yarn: baby Bamboo by Sirdar; 3 skeins
needles: 3 & 6 circs
doll: Emma's baby doll Alice
This is the back. I wanted to make this just because the ruffle was so darn cute.
Close up of the ruffle.
And a close up of the front.
I love the baby Bamboo yarn. It really feels so soft and cozy and the colors are lovely.
I made this dress for a friend who is about to pop any day now with her third child and first daughter. Little girl clothes are fun. She is a fellow knitter, so I know she will appreciate it.
I want to make a set of matching dresses for my nieces Olivia & Isabelle. They are coming for a visit soon and I will take their measurements so I make the right sizes.
I have to give a big thank you to my new friend Sue who was kind enough to offer a little help deciphering the pattern so that no one was harmed in the making of this dress!
Until tomorrow!

4 comments:

knitting elephant said...

I'm so glad you were able to get help on this because it turned out absolutely adorable! I love the ruffles!!

Sue said...

Ooh it turned out so beautifully. I love the blue color too, it shows up the pattern so nicely. Glad I could help out too.

Anonymous said...

so cute Sue! E is going to love it.

Anonymous said...

you- m'friend- are SO talented!! love it!