Friday, July 18, 2008

monkey vs. monkey

I'm almost done with the monkey socks. I've just turned the heel and begun the foot on the second sock. I really love this pattern and the way this yarn has worked up. It's beautiful! I will definitely make more monkeys. And next time they won't be so slouchy.
P.s. Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of yourself wearing a sock?
This is my second monkey of the week. He was purchased at the Plymouth Art Fair last weekend, and will make a fun addition to the garden. I'm thinking of painting him bronzy brown and making a little faux vine for him to hang from.
So I maybe just a little cheated on my no-buying policy, but he's for the household, so technically he's not just for me. Plus, we walked around in the heat for three hours and I was taking something home to show for it!
Have a good weekend & stay cool. I will be at the movies tonight singing my lungs out.

4 comments:

knitting elephant said...

ooooo... I love both monkeys! Nice work, and great color choice!

Vision Blog said...

Very cool socks, why do they call them monkey socks? I am jealous, I've always wanted to learn to knit. Can you recommend any books? A class to take? Do you teach????

SAR girls said...

Adorable monkeys, my friend! The socks are terrific and well, you just better watch the garden monkey next time I'm over! ;)

Tammy said...

What a cute monkey! Had I known you were at Plymouth's Art in the Park I would have met you there!