Wednesday, July 9, 2008

there's a monkey on my back

I have been working on these socks for two days and two hours. TWO DAYS. I can't even guess how many times I started and then frogged (ripped it apart) this sock. Knitting is supposed to be fun and non-stressful. HA! There was a large amount of stress going on here. No matter what I did, I couldn't make the pattern line up. I researched  on Ravelry, I tried contacting Cookie A. (author of said pattern), I tried putting down the needles and walking away. But I had monkey fever, and couldn't forget about it.
I bit the bullet and went to my LYS today and a very nice woman helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. I had a yarn over problem. It's fixed now, and I have 3 inches of sock to show for it! The color here is bad, because it's late and I didn't use my flash. The color is called 'fruit breeze' and I love it. Now that I know what the heck I'm doing :)
My pal Jan came over today after we met for coffee. My kids were extrememly entertaining and talkative. Emma led a tour of the house (even the furnace room) that most guests never get. A behind the scenes tour, if you will. Jan, my kids thought you were "funny, friendly, and had good taste" because you like Wipeout and tadpoles. You are welcome back anytime :)
Later!

2 comments:

knitting elephant said...

I can't wait to see the FO. I've got to make myself a pair of monkeys. I like bandwagons, ya know. :-)

SAR girls said...

So glad you got the knitting problem worked out! :)

Em&Ev-my boys think the tadpoles are wicked cool! Thanks for the fun time yesterday! :) I look forward to my next visit.