Wednesday, April 23, 2008

junk


junk, originally uploaded by dogglips2.

Today I went 'junking' with my friend Jan, and I found some super cool things! (good thing for birthday money).
We went to 2 different places and ran out of time. Junking is not something you can do if you are pressed for time.
The first place was dirty, dusty, expensive, and had the meanest owner in the world. He was offended that we asked for prices on things (most things weren't marked). Then right in front of us called us ignorant! We didn't ask him to lower the price on a single thing, and he was rude because we didn't say we would take something immediately. Like he was doing us some huge favor. I did buy the green desk from him, but Jan walked out. I wanted to buy an old gate, but wasn't willing to put up with his shit. You would think in our economy he would be begging for sales. Whatever!
The next place we went to was totally the opposite-clean, friendly, and lots of reasonable things. My favorite buy was the yellow enamelware thing. I'll have to Google it to find out what it was originally meant for, but I can picture it full of green things. I love it.
Thanks Jan for a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me the name of the store with the mean guy, so I won't bother to ever go there.

SAR girls said...

Man, you are fast! :) Awesome photos of some cool stuff. The pleasure of the day was all mine!

~Jan

Anonymous said...

Ohhh- that looks like so much fun- Awesome finds! I love the letters.