Tuesday, April 8, 2008

another sure sign of spring

Found the ducks floating in the pond this morning.
For the sake of calling them something, I'm going to go with Homer & Marge.
Homer: "Here's a nice little patch of water. Let's fowl it up."
Marge: "I heard they had a dog. Dogs will chase us."
Homer: "Don't worry. Their dog is too busy lying in a sunbeam to even notice us."
Marge: "Uh-oh... we've been spotted."
Homer: "Shake a tailfeather Marge. She's opening the door. Just act nonchalant, like we have every right to be swimming in her 'pond' and she'll go back inside."
Marge: "It's not working. She's following us. I think we had better find another place to swim."

Homer: "Ok, you win, for now. I will show you my cute little curly tailfeathers in an effort to melt your heart."
Marge: "we'll be back. Just try to keep us out. You and your little dog,too!"

I enjoy ducks, very much I do. Just not in my 200 gallons of water. They make a mess of it really quick. They poop all over the stones. And they hatch adorable little fuzzy ducklings. Buddy loves to chase ducklings (when he's not too busy sleeping in a sunbeam). I don't need any lil dead duck bodies to traumatize my children. As it is, if they are around when the kids come home from school, Emma will set up a nature preserve and be hand feeding them within the hour.

Another sign of spring-tuna macaroni salad for dinner tonight. YUM!

3 comments:

SAR girls said...

Homer & Marge-love it! :)

Benita said...

Awwww, you duck chaser, you! LOL Cute pics :)

Kache said...

Ok, I liked the commentary!