Wednesday, April 9, 2008

don't die of shock, but I actually scrapbooked!

I did this layout of Evan skimboarding for a challenge put forth by Lain . 30 minute page using scalloped paper, a sticker, and a sports picture. The minute I read about her challenge, I knew I wanted to use this photo. It came together so quick, I was amazed. I haven't scrapped in like forever. I wasn't sure if I would even be able to pull an idea together in 30 minutes.
The journaling reads:
Shh. Listen to the surf. Tune ot all the noise around you. watch the waves and their never-ceasing pattern. Small wave in, it curls back, a bigger wave comes in. In, curl, wave. In curl, wave. Ready, set, go. Let the tides guide you. It's time.
I made the pattern on the paper using bubble wrap, Versamark ink & white embossing powder. It turned out better than I expected!
Tomorrow she'll be posting a new challenge, so hopefully it won't be months & months before I scrap something. 
Happy Wednesday!

9 comments:

Raesha D said...

I love it! I really like what you did with the bubble wrap:)

Etta said...

Love the bubble wrap printing. I've been wanting to try that, but haven't gotten up the nerve...

Anonymous said...

thump that is me passing out in shock. awesome page Sue... Love it.

Sharyn said...

that's an awesome page girl!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the bubble wrap stamping! Awesome layout! Great job on the 30-minute thursday challenge!

SAR girls said...

Have missed seeing your pages, my friend! :) Awesome work-love the bubble wrap "stamp". Very cool.
And thanks for the link-will be checking it out!

knitting elephant said...

I LOVE what you did! I wish I could scrapbook--every time I see something great like this, I get the hankering to try. Very nice work! :-) The picture of your son is perfect, with or without a scrap page.

Kache said...

Sorry, had to go get some smelling salts...

Great page!

Erica Hernandez said...

Ooooh, good stuff! Love the journaling...the handwriting and stamping!