Sunday, April 6, 2008

home sweet home

After 4 weekends of driving in the car, I am so glad to be home for the forseeable future.
of course, it's all relative, because I looked at my schedule this week and 'home' isn't exactly where I'll spend the majority of the week! Between now and next Sunday afternoon I will have:
2 soccer practices
4 soccer games
1 girl scout outing
1 birthday party
and probably other stuff that I don't even realize.
It's good to be home. (no, really it is :) )

The above picture is the perfect demonstration of why I love soccer. This season Evan has been playing balls-to-the-wall all out contact soccer. He is in the fight every time. He is winning most of his challenges. Most importantly, he is giving it all and he is getting good. Too bad I can't talk him out of wanting to play football instead...
His team lost their last game, and it's so frustrating. They dominated the field the entire game, they just can't seem to put the ball in the net. The same can be said for all 3 games this weekend. Clearly the stronger team; just never the winners.
Evan scored the only goal of the game. Naturally, because I had promised him 10 bucks for every goal. (a little bribery never hurt). He almost doubled his take but was unlucky. I guess that's lucky for me :)
Trying to wrestle both exhausted BUT NOT TIRED kids into bed early on this beautiful Sunday night. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kache said...

Awesome picture! Sorry they ended up losing the last game.