Monday, April 14, 2008

it was a weird-tastic sort of weekend


104/366 apr.13, originally uploaded by dogglips2.

I spent the last weekend of my thirties utterly doing nothing productive
and loving every minute of it.
It involved very few car tips, which is a good thing.
Emma had a friend spend the night on Friday. The girls set up her room and put on a movie at 9:00. We didn't see or hear them once all night. They are 10. That is abnormal behaviour!
On Saturday morning I plunked down on the couch to knit for a spell while Bart watched his myriad of programming. I don't watch. I just sort of do my thing. But he put on 'Deadliest Catch' which may be the ADDICTIVE show ever, and before I knew it we had watched 6 hours worth of episodes, backtobacktoback. If Emma hadn't had a soccer game, I'm sure we never would have left the sofa. I love the Deadliest Catch. I am caught in it's grip. I am swearing like a sailor. I am watching it as I type. (we logged in a few more hours today.)
Today Evan had back to back games. The first game was great-they won easily and played very good. The second game was a little harder. They played a girls' team... a very FAST girls team that badly wanted to beat the boys' team. The cool part was running into my friend Lynn, who's daughter was on the team. Ev seemed to be paired up with her. He did score a goal, but it was their only one, and they lost. So now he expects payment for every goal (DOH!) I treated him to a medium twist at our favorite place. It's a win for everyone.
I had coffee with my best friend Lisa, whom I haven't seen in 7 months. (Aren't I the greatest friend?) It's all good. We plan to spend copious amounts of time celebrating out fortieth birthdays.
So that pretty much wraps up my weekend of non-activity. Fabulous!
Tomorrow it's off to the DMV to get my license renewed.
la=de-frickin-da!

No comments: