Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fergie & Hermit


Last night I was very excited to watch the Muppets 'letters to Santa' Christmas show. When I was a kid we watched them faithfully every week, as a family. The Muppets never failed to get a laugh or two from even the crabbiest youth.
Em & Ev went outside to play in the snow a little after 7:00 (yeah, it was dark. Whatever) I called them in at 8:00 to watch the show with me. Em came right in. Ev took a bit longer (big surprise!) We're sitting in the living room already watching the show when Evan walks in, and says "Look, it's Fergie".
"What did you say?"
"It's Fergie, the pig"
I know I had a most confused look on my face at this point.
"Where did you get the idea her name was Fergie?"
"Hermit called her Fergie."
Okay, what now?
"Who is Hermit?"
"Hermit the frog. You know."

I know it's not nice to laugh at your children, but I just about busted a gut.

"Kermit the frog called her Miss Piggy. Not Fergie."
"oh. Really?"

another childhood memory stomped to shit.

No comments: