Monday, June 2, 2008

welcome, June

Busy weekend. Busy week to come. I have about 112 things on my mind and it won't all fit in one post. First, I want to say thanks for all your well wishes about Savannah. It was a sad week for all of us. I still look for her for a minute, until I remember she's not here. I miss her.

We went to see the Red Bull Air Races on Sunday. We watched from the 26th floor of the RenCen, which is a great place to see a wide spectrum of downtown activity. Only part of the course was out of our view, so we didn't miss much. The planes were very cool to watch, but I can't help but feel we missed out on 'the experience' by being indoors. There was no broadcast for us to watch, or announcements, so we never knew what was going on. But the whole thing was free for us, so it was a pleasant way to pass a few hours and support the city.
Evan and his ginormous sucker, watching the races.
Both kids had games on Saturday & Sunday. We skipped the Sunday games to go the the races. Saturday was a bizarre weather day. Ev's game was in Dexter, and looked like it was going to rain throughout but never did. His team dominated, but lost 2-1 in the last 2 minutes. So frustrating. Emma's game was at home, but it was so windy that it was hard to play. I took a lot of pictures, but evidently not a single one of her. We tied 3-3; amazing considering we were short players and it was so frickin' windy!
We celebrated Greg & Tracey's 1st anniversary at my in-laws with a dinner and dessert. Evan thought he was pretty sneaky giving everyone bunny ears. The two of them even cleaned up the dinner dishes. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
Sayonara May! Welcome, June.

No comments: