Saturday, June 28, 2008

they're so crafty!


The craft party was a huge success! Whew! I'm glad it's over. :)
Here are Emma, Sami & Anna getting ready to tie-dye their shirts, bandanas & pillowcases. We prepped them inside, because overnight it turned 90 degrees and humid.  Immediatley the die bottles started leaking, so I got them out of the house asap.
Disaster averted.


This is Emma practicing the 'less is more' theory. HA! She was a wild thing with the squirt bottle. All of her creations were sopping wet.
Costco wipes and the hose saved the table. Woo hoo!









Back inside for some pompon animal creating and pop drinking. There are apporximatley 7,194 poms in that bowl. We will be able to make creatures for her wedding centerpieces. With googly eyes.









Every girl needs a pair of fleecy flip flops ! We got the flops at Target for a buck a pair (woo hoo Target) and I had the fleece in my stash. They cut the strips themselves and tied them onto the shoes. A fun and super easy craft that any age level can do.







Emma, Anna & Sami posing for me. Cute girls. Nice girls. I can't believe they are middle school girls!



Tonight we are headed to Howell for the balloonfest. I have wanted to go for years and we never pull it off. It's been raining buckets all day but hopefully by lift-off time the weather will co-operate. I want to see some balloon magic!
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

knitting elephant said...

Looks like fun was had by all. Glad you averted the disaster! It might just be me, but those flip flops don't look all that functional anymore. :-)

Anonymous said...

looks like the girls had a fantastic time!

So.... did you get to the balloon fest?

Kache said...

Very crafty party...I should expect nothing less!