Thursday, May 7, 2009

return of the farmer's market


farmer's market, originally uploaded by dogglips2.

one of my absolutely favorite things about spring is going to the farmer's market every Thursday. The riot of colors, the smells, the throngs of people looking to beautiful their spaces (ok, maybe the throngs don't thrill me). I love that I can wander the aisles several times and spy something new each time. I look past what's in front and see a cool plant I have never seen before, tucked behind the geraniums and impatiens. I was imagining this first week would be a little spotty, much like the selection at the end of the season, but I was happily wrong! Everything I could ever want or need was available (nevermind that I'm not supposed to plant any of them yet...)
I was scouting for a nice hanging basket for my mom, but that is one of the things I didn't bring home. For the price, I would much rather buy the plants and do it myself. I did buy her some nice fiber optic grasses to put in her sunny spot. I also bought a perennial I hadn't seen before. I'll have to get the tag to remember it's name. But I love it.
I also didn't buy any kettle corn! I bought some yummy pastries instead, to take to my friend Sharyn today. They were better :)
Love the market.

5 comments:

Laptops said...

I also bought a perennial I hadn't seen before. I'll have to get the tag to remember it's name. But I love it.

Alcoholism Treatment said...

I have wish to have a garden like it.

Alcohol Treatment Centers said...

wow this is a very nice and good looking garden. I wish u may do well gardening.

Drug Rehabilitation said...

It seems like very cool garden. thanks for the post.

ghillie suit said...

I look past what's in front and see a cool plant I have never seen before, tucked behind the geraniums and impatiens.