Monday, August 11, 2008

we miss our girl

It's bizarre how fast and how slow 5 days can pass.
 It seems like forever ago that Em & I drove to St. Thomas to meet her Aunt Shannon & the kids. She got into the car with them and drove off in the opposite direction.
It's not like she hasn't been away from home before, but for some reason this time it just felt different. We all miss her. It's too quiet without her. Our family doesn't feel complete.
Last night when we talked to her on the phone she had lots of stories to tell and took turns talking to everyone. When she said goodbye to me, she wanted to talk to Evan one last time, so I handed him the phone. They talked secret brother & sister stuff, and he got quiet. I heard him say "Me too" and hang up, looking around sheepishly.
She told him she loved him.
I'm glad we decided to go pick her up tomorrow.

3 comments:

knitting elephant said...

That is adorable, but don't tell the kids I said so! :-)

Benita said...

Awwww :) We just picked up our dd today after being gone for over a week, so I know how you feel!

Anonymous said...

Awe... watching the brother/sister thing is so cool!