Tuesday, August 26, 2008

one hundred & sixty five hours


up north monkey, originally uploaded by dogglips2.

Approximately how long I have to hold it together until school starts.

This last week has been rough. The kids are crabby, slovenly, sluggish. I'm tired of following behind them every five minutes and cleaning up some random sticky/dirty mess that I had no part of. I'm tired of seeing them sit in front of the television watching the nine bazillionth rerun of 'The Suite Life'. I'm tired of harrasing them to get dressed and brush their teeth already, it's noon for godssake!
Too much togetherness.
I can envision myself the first 3 or 4 days next week, sitting quietly alone in the house. No TV, no video games, no bickering. Lapping up every ounce of peace.
Only 165 more hours to go.
In the meantime, the backpacks are all packed, the school supplies sorted, and fresh new clothes are hanging in their closets, waiting.
Tonight we are going to dinner with my Aunt Roberta for her 60th birthday, and having a little something afterwards at our house. We'll probably have a fire in the chiminea, and cozy up in the twilight and enjoy the beautifully-cool-almost-fall evening. Maybe she will wear her birthday Monkeys, to keep her feet warm.
Peace!

1 comment:

Brooke S. Rochon said...

Sounds wonderful and peaceful! Enjoy, well in 165 hours.