Monday, March 31, 2008

first signs of spring


first signs of spring, originally uploaded by dogglips2.

Finally, a glimpse of hope!
I was scooping errant leaves out of the pond today, and I came across our good buddy Bullet! We weren't sure he would make it through the winter in our little water hole. Last October, on a cold & rainy afternoon, we came home to find a heron gulping down our fish. He got all but 2. Lousy bird. The fish were sluggish and we weren't home to shoo him away. We hadn't seen Bullet since that day, so this is really good news!

On the other hand, I also have mushrooms growing in the garden. How did that happen? Until this morning, it was covered in snow. I know they like damp soil (which it very much is) but this is ridiculous! No green peeping out anywhere, but I have 'shrooms!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your back home! only wish the weather was more cooperative. UGH I am so over the snow, slush, mud, I need sun and I need it now!

Kache said...

Hi Bullet!