Wednesday, March 26, 2008

having a grand ol' time

Spring break has been pretty darn good so far! The weather could be a little better, and the kids could be a little less whiny (at night), but then what would I complain about? Exactly.
The hardest thing for me is not having internet access. It drives me crazy. And it drives me crazy that it drives me crazy. Seriously. I keep trying to get into the few wi fi networks in the area, but they are all locked and I am not a hacker. Plus, I don't know how to hack.
Currently I wheedled Bart into bringing me to Border's for a coffee and a blog reading session. Border's doesn't have free wifi. I am paying $6 for the privelege of 60 minutes access. But it is so worth it. I need my blogs. How else can I stay connected with my peeps?
The kids are having a ball swimming and frolicking in the almost-too-cold-for-humans ocean. My dad bought Evan a skim board and he loves to run up and down the beach, chucking it into the waves and hoping to land on it with both feet. He's pretty coordinated, so more times than not he is successfull. Unlike his dad, who tried one time and fell flat on his ass. Yeah, I;m gonna try it real soon.
I can't believe we have to leave so soon. I can't believe it snowed again at home. It's going to be a long 2+ months before the kids can swim again. C'mon spring!
Have a good week out there!

4 comments:

Emily said...

looks like fun!

knitting elephant said...

We'll be in the same boat very soon... I'm thinking skim boards may just be in our future! Yay for Borders and WiFi. Enjoy the rest of your time there!

SAR girls said...

YAY for Bart-taking you to Borders for your "fixes"!! :) Safe travels home chickie!

Kache said...

Wow I missed your whole vacation!
Glad you had a fun time