Sunday, March 30, 2008

back home

We got in last night around 3:00 am, so I guess technically we got home this morning. What a long and brutal drive. Kudos to my main man Bart for driving the last 4 hours while I dozed on & off.
So much to do upon returning home- mail to sort thru, groceries to get, laundry to do, unpacking and more unpacking, emptying out the car (which somehow managaged to gather stuff in every nook & cranny), love on the kitties, throw in another load of wash, vacuum up the cat litter all over the laundry room. I need a nap.
Bart & the kids went to get Buddy at his parents house. I stayed behind so that I can work on some of this stuff (see above paragraph), but also because you couldn't pay me to sit in the car for more than 10  minutes today. I have to go get some basic essentials & run to the bank, but otherwise you won't find me in any car.
Putting pants back on is depressing.
So is the lack of green anything. I thought we would be a little farther along into spring by now.
I will post more pix and stuff tomorrow, when I am clear headed and well rested.

2 comments:

knitting elephant said...

Welcome Home! Love the picture... sorry about all the stuff to be done. We're a week behind you in the same boat. Minus the drive, that is. :-)

SAR girls said...

Welcome home! Gotta take the bad with the good my Mom used to always say! ;) Call me when you are ready to get in a car again!