Tuesday, July 21, 2009

oh Lordy, someone help me!

Today we picked up Evan's football equipment. The reality is beginning to settle in-my kid is going to play football and other kids are going to hit him! Gah!
(In the future, I will refrain from referring to him as cute. But look at him!)
running to catch a pass. it's a whole new world-one with no peripheral vision!
Ooops...we have a problem. The name is misspelled. Going to fix it tomorrow!

It's a whole family workout to get him into the gear. I was bathed in sweat by the time we got him in and out twice. This is his practice jersey and it is super extra tight. For the next 2 weeks he has to practice putting in the pads, snapping the helmet, and securing the shoulder pads himself. And he has to wear the helmut at least 45 minutes a day, so that he can get used to it. I have my very own bobblehead!
At least it isn't hot!
Tomorrow we have to go shopping for a girdle and cup! Oh joy!

3 comments:

SAR girls said...

oh boy. tough boy. :)

Jen on the Edge said...

I know I shouldn't say it, but he's so cute!

Jan C. said...

None of my sons ever wanted to get near a football, so tell me more about why Evan needs a girdle!