Monday, September 22, 2008

the end of the world as we know it


happy birthday blitz!, originally uploaded by dogglips2.

Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic. But, c'mon...a CELL PHONE. My baby is old enough to have a cell phone. She's old enough to program her own phone numbers and to text her friend Anna 50 bazillion times a day. (minor exaggeration. The bazillion text plan was too expensive). We decided to get her a cell because there are times when she & Evan, or she & a friend want to go for a bike ride or a walk, and I would like to be able to call them or have them call me if they need to. It's a product of our times. When I was her age, I wanted a phone in my room so bad! My parents put one in the playroom (there was a room between my brother & my rooms that we called the playroom) but it didn't dial out. Sucked! Right now, Emma isn't a big phone talker. She rarely calls anyone, and will only answer a ringing phone if prompted. It can't be on or carried at school, so for most of the day it won't even see the light of day. But she has it. For an emergency. For 'in case'.
We had a busy weekend with birthday celebrations and soccer games. I'm starting to come down with the sinus ick that Emma brought into the house a week ago. My head feels like it's in a vise and I'm pretty sure I could sleep until Thursday. I also slept weird on my neck 10 DAYS AGO and it still isn't all worked out. I haven't been knitting more than a few minutes at a time, and my neck would prefer if I didn't do it at all. Phooey.
Happy Monday to all!

No comments: