Tuesday, February 7, 2012

FO-Rambutan socks and Lateral epicondylitis

Here is my most recent FO: Cookie's Rambutan socks.
This was the last pattern and yarn for the 2011 sock club. It isn't available to the public until December 2012, but it's a great pattern!
The yarn is Bugga! by Sanguine Gryphon, and is absolutely wonderful. Can't say enough great things about it. Sadly, SG is no longer.

Somewhere along the way, after I did my gussets, I stopped looking at the directions and missed the foot chart. Whoopsie! Instead, mine is all stockinette stitch. It's pretty, but maybe I'll make another pair the correct way someday.
This may be my last FO for quite a while. I have been experiencing pain (commonly known as tennis elbow) in my right elbow for several months, and it's gotten to the point where it hurts to do anything at all with my arm. It wakes me up many times each night. Even little things like using scissors or grabbing the gallon of milk are unbearable. According to research, total rest until the pain is gone is the solution. Since I can't feasibly do that, knitting will have to go on the back burner until the pain subsides. It's killing me! What will I do with myself?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

ohh, that yarn is crazy pretty. Does scrapbooking bother your elbow? ;)

Erica Hernandez said...

I'm in awe of knitted socks. I did one pair and I just can't imagine doing more. I LOVE the socks but hated the knitting. Yours, are gorgeous.

(hope you are doing well!)