Thursday, March 18, 2010

Noodlepalooza twenty ten

Another gorgeous day in Southeast Michigan. Gorgeous doesn't even begin to describe it, actually. Glorious is a better choice of words! Yesterday at 4:00 our temp. was 67 degrees. I find it extremely amusing that we were 2 degrees warmer than Miami! It's going to continue on through the week, and turn to cooler weather with a chance of rain over the weekend, ending with a possibility of snow showers on Monday. I knew it was too good to be true.

In other exciting (for me) news, my friend Heather is coming to visit for the weekend! She's my internet BFF and all around fun girl. It's ridiculous how excited I am. One of the first things were are going to do is go to Noodles & Co. for dinner on Friday right after she gets here- her choice. Just as I was geeked to go to Chipotle, she wants Noodles. She's also threatening to bring her Snuggie to wear to soccer games on Saturday, even though the games are indoors. We'll be traveling to Lansing to visit the best yarn shop in the state, watching 'Glee', and who knows what else we can pack into 36 hours!

I have been a busy bee, taking advantage of the weather the last few days and getting my garden up to snuff. All the dead stuff from the fall has been trimmed back to allow the tiny green shoots to reach for the sun. I cleaned up all the leaves that found their way back into our yard; 2 bags worth. The pond is running smoothly and I have to clean the filter daily. I wish I had a floating plant...it feels so naked and the 4 little fish I have left look so vulnerable. They are still moving slowly (the water is cold!) and I don't want some heron to come and pick them off. Not to mention the ducks...they're back! No sooner did I leave for soccer on Monday than they took up residence.

Time to tackle Evan's room. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

We've been having great weather too, so I've been sneaking outside whenever I get the chance and working in the garden. Love it.

Unknown said...

PENIS!