Tuesday, March 16, 2010

busy good

Those two words describe how things have been lately. I haven't taken the time to write anything down and then I forget all that's going on...
Case in point, Emma has a band concert tonight, and I somehow missed it even after my non-resolution to be on top of things. FAIL! Okay, it's mid March and this is the first thing I've missed, so that's pretty good. And I didn't miss it, I just didn't know about it.
My 'diet' is going just fine. I took the weekend off, and it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I'm trying to stick to the same type of foods and portion sizes. Saturday was fine, but Sunday was not good because we were gone all day with soccer. And last night I was gone from 4:15 until after 8:30, so I ended up having pizza with Ev at the Sports Bar. (best pizza, BTW!). So I'm gonna just roll with the punches, and not get down when things aren't going just right. And eat less. That's okay too!
I worked out in the garden today for a few hours. I am so stiff and sore. I got the main pump in the pond running and cleaned out the filters, trimmed all the dead plant tops off, and sucked up an entire garbage can worth of leaves out of the beds. It's looking pretty good. Much more work to be done, but off to a good start.
And it's become obvious that I am going to need some new mulch this year. Jen? Trip to Michigan in your future??
I took this photo a few nights ago, and already the buds have gotten so much bigger. they are fuzzy now, ready to turn into new leaves. I can almost believe that spring is here!!

No comments: