Saturday, November 7, 2009

the downfall of cute, woolen shoes

...leaves stick to them.
I can't walk anywhere without a clump of them stuck to my shoes. I track them into the house, the car, etc. I don't even think about it until I look down and see them clinging to me.

It's been a gorgeous fall day-one that makes me wish we'd have had Evan's birthday party this Saturday instead of next. Sigh. Is it too much to ask to have another nice day for next Saturday?

We spent a majority of the day today deconsturcting Ev's bedroom so we can make it over. I have been cleaning it out here and there, but basically we are sorting thru 8+ years of his crap (I mean his special things. My mistake) It's not pretty nor for the faint of heart. I don't know how much we will really accomplish this weekend, but it is clean, walls patched, decals removed, bunk bed torn down. The long term plan will include a closet redo & a new bed frame. It also needs to be painted, but we may just touch up for now. We'll see. I think once we put the tv and the Wii in there, he won't care what else we do!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jen on the Edge said...

The shoes are so cute that even leaves want to be with them. ;-)

Good luck with Evan's room re-do. I did that with my girls a few years ago and it utterly consumed me for weeks.