Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A few recent finished objects


I have about 9 projects going right now, 4 of which are on the needles.
I tend to start working something up, and then remember an occasion or find something that I really want to make for someone right now and it can't wait one more day . I am working on a beautiful sweater for Emma, and i thought "I bet Lisa would like one of those for her birthday" (which is in 7 days) so I am madly trying to finish something that I know I won't be able to finish in that amount of time...
whew it's exhausting to be crafty.

I made these pedicure socks for Carol for Mother's day, who enjoys a good pedi quite often. The minute I saw this pattern I knew I had to make her a pair. The yarn is the most delicious silk blend. It feels divine in your hand.
These are a pair of prairie boots I made for my Mom, who gets very chilly feet. They are made from a lovely kettle dyed Malabrigo yarn (it's fun just to say it!) The top folds down or you can wear them higher. They look a lot like my knit Uggs, only about $85 cheaper! If I could find something to use as an outdoor sole, I would totally make these to wear places. They are cozy and soft and oh so nice.
They have leather on the soles so she doesn't wipe out. And I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes, so I am still using the occasional scrapbook supply. HA!
I am also in the process of making 2 ginormous wool bags to felt down to regular bag size as scout leader gifts.
I need to grow a second set of hands, or learn how to knit in my sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, how I wish I could do that!