Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Is it May yet?

Today is going to be one of those days where it's best to just keep your head down and plow on.
Here's the short list of things I have to do today:
  • parent teacher conference with Evan's teachers.
  • instrument fit night for incoming 6th graders.
  • leadership training for Emma, to meet summer camp requirement
  • soccer practice
  • return the extra outfit I bought for the shower- 2 stores
  • go to Macy's and see about a watch band
Technically, I could get most of this done, but I would be a crabby, raving lunatic by 7:00 pm. One who still needs to come up with dinner. Grrrr. It's the hours between 4-8 that are killing me.
*********************************
The baby shower for Greg & Tracey was this past Sunday. It was a huge success! I am floored by how generous people are, and dumbfounded by how inconsiderate some other people are. We had one guest who won the centerpiece, the first game, and tied another game. She took all of the prizes, in addition to a West Elm vase provided by the parents to be. Since I was busy with other things, I didn't realize she had won 2 of the main prizes, or I would have shut it down. Seriously, she made money by going to the shower. I'm still mad about it.
T & G got tons of great things for Baby J. Emma was a fantastic helper and a joy to have around. We rent her out for parties!
***********************
Time for me to shift gears and get ready for traveling this weekend to Dublin, Ohio for Evan's tournament. After stressing out for many days about how we were going to make this work for all of us, and coming up with a suitable plan, Emma's Friday night game was cancelled so plans change again. I swear, next time I am going to wait until the day before to actually worry about any of this crap! That's 2 days of my life I can't get back.
Looks like we may pull her out of school early on Friday and leave around 1:00, so as to get there before 9pm and not have to thrash through traffic. And then she & Bart won't have to leave at 5:30am to get down there for the first game.
I hope the weather is nice, and not like this past weekend.
Time to get busy!

No comments: