Tuesday, January 19, 2010

brace yourself-today's the day

Last shot of Emma this morning before heading to the orthodontist.

She was such a trooper. Only once did she complain about the 7 am appointment. She did ask me if I could turn back time, innocently. In more ways than one, I wish I could, sweetie.
Bands are baby blue. We weren't even out of the parking lot before she was sticking wax to various sore spots. The Dr. said that around 19 hours will be the worst.
I, on the other hand, was a wreck. Didn't sleep even one wink. I think I absorbed all of the nervousness, tension and was wound tight. It's starting to hit me hard, and I will probably sleep the entire day before the kids come home from school.
And for some reason I can't shake the feeling that this is the first big sign of impending adulthood.

3 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Oh boy. I am not looking forward to this either. G is already planning on purple rubber bands and then color-coordinating them for holidays (black/orange for Halloween and so forth).

Emily said...

Her teeth look pretty straight to me! But I don't know much about braces, I never had them.

Jan C. said...

Hope she doesn't have too much pain today!