Saturday, June 12, 2010

5th grade graduation & celebration

Friday was the 5th grade graduation & celebration for Evan's class. Totally bittersweet...I can't believe that he's old enough to be going to middle school next year with his sister. And yet, he's ready. In the fall I wasn't sure he'd get himself organized enough but he pulled it together and had a great year.

Ev is on the end in the blue Tigers' shirt, standing next to the principal after receiving his awards. He was awarded the President's award (for grades higher than 85% I believe), Battle of the Books award, Safety award, NPS Health Fitness Award, & President's Physical Fitness Award. And promotion to 6th grade.
With a few of his buddies...
...and his teacher, Mrs. Iwanicki. She is tough, but I think Evan would agree that she helped prepare him for middle school better than any other teacher could have. She's retiring this year. Luckily, both my kids had her for 5th grade.
And another one of his buddies, Noah. Evan & Noah have been friends since Kindergarten and have hardly been in class together since. I'm glad they have remained friends!
Hard to believe this kid, my baby, is done with elementary!!

2 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

I can't believe how big he's getting. Such a handsome young fella. :-)

~jan said...

Way to go Ev!!