Saturday, June 13, 2009

LDOS

Last day of the 2008-2009 school year. Thousands of schoolkids in the metro area breathe a collective sigh of relief.
Ev and his two best buddies of the moment, Joey & Brandon
I was a 'chaperone' at the last field trip of the year. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades go to the Skatin' Station for the morning. Chaperone? Not so much. That place is nothing but chaos. I don't believe there was a lot of chaperoning going on. By the time we left I was physically and emotionally drained from all the noise and chaos. Ready for a drink.
Both kids had a great year academically. I think Emma grew in leaps and bounds and is perfectly suited for middle school. Going in next year, she should be relaxed and confidant. Evan needs to work a little bit on organization and responsibility. The lowest mark on his report card was turning in assignments on time. He will need to pull it together or middle school will not be kind to him. Thankfully he has one more year.
I can't believe I have a seventh and a fifth grader!

1 comment:

Brooke S. Rochon said...

How time flies as they say. And, I have a kindergardener, where did she come from huh?