Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm in business (and other business, too)

Thanks to my friend Brooke, I am the proud owner of 500 business cards!
I will probably never use 500 cards in my lifetime, but I want to generate some business for my etsy store, and they look professional. Aren't they beautiful? Feel free to pop on over to my store and buy stuff. I will also do custom knits!
I don't know about you, but it was a crazy hot week around here. Two days of soccer tryouts, 3 days of football camp, numerous hours of yard work, and one blazing hot Tiger game and I am ready for summer to be over. I take back all the times I complained about the chilly mornings. I want them back. Please. From what I hear, it's only supposed to get hotter. You will find me sitting in the A/C, thankyouverymuch.
We had a very busy and eventful Father's Day weekend. On Friday, we went to play poker at Tracey & Greg's. The kids stayed with us thru dinner, and then went to sleep over at my in-law's house. There was a nice, long thunderstorm all night. And even though I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to poker, I was the big winner!! HA! We pack up to leave around 12:45, make the mad dash to the car, and we're on our way. Or so we thought. Apparently the pumping system in Allen Park went down, and every road was flooded. I'm talking between 6-12" of water on every dang street. Underpasses were unpassable. We got about a mile from their house, and struggled to make our way back. Round trip...almost an hour. Greg loaned us his pick up and we got home at 3:00. Nowhere else was flooded.
Saturday was the day of run around; return the truck, pick up the kids, visit a bit, go to the Tiger game. The game was great, as were our seats. We were in the left outfield box, 23 rows up. Within minutes of the game starting, a foul ball was hit 5 rows from us! But it was HOTHOTHOT, and we had to take many shade breaks. Tigers won! 1st time we have been at a winning game :)
Sunday we (I) made breakfast and we hung around the house a bit while Bart mowed. Then we went over to my Mom's to do a little work and enjoy the pool. Unfortunately, Jim had cranked up the heater and the water was 85*, not at all refreshing!! The kids didn't mind, but we just dipped in and sat in the shade to cool off. By then, we'd all had enough of hot and each other, and crankiness took over.
It's another hot day. The kids are up at the park, and I am prepping dinner. Trying to cool off. Happy Monday!


Brooke S. Rochon said...

Yeah Sue, they look so pretty all stacked up. I hope you get a ton of business. Try to stay cool!

Jen on the Edge said...

Love the cards! I had no idea you have an Etsy store. Will go check it out!

Sharyn said...

wooohooooo!!!! 'bout time!!!