Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sue & Heather's excellent adventure

I did something very out of character for me this weekend.
I met up with someone that I only know from the internet.
Most people know that I am shy and not very outgoing. (Until you know me, and then all bets are off). I never thought that I would actually meet any of the ladies that I talk to online, some of them daily. I have 'met' a lot of funny, generous, warm women on Ravelry, where I spend a big chunk of everyday. We talk about everything from knitting, kids, scrapbooking, husbands, vacations, and everything in between. It's one of the first places I go when I want to tell someone a piece of news, or get help with my latest knitting snafu.
When I found out the dates I was going to be in Cinci, I emailed Heather to see if she wanted to get together, if it was even feasible. And it was! The plan was that she would come to get me on Saturday after Evan's second game.
A hundred different times I thought about cancelling, but I thought 'you never do stuff like this. just do it'. So I stuck with the plan. And guess what??? I had fun!

First of all, she brought me a birthday present! How can you not love someone who gives you a gift? She drove me all over Cincinnati (and Kentucky!) for hours. We went to 2 knitting stores and a stamp store. We bonded over sock yarn, fondling fibers, fat cats & secret rooms. She treated me to a dinner at Chipotle (because she's a big cheater) that was so good. Biggest burrito ever!

We were both a little afraid that we would have nothing to talk about, but time flew by. I didn't turn out to be a serial killer and she didn't ditch me down by the river.

Thanks, Heather for a fun afternoon! I hope you'll come to visit me someday and I can be your chauffeur. I know where all the good stores are :)




6 comments:

Ronnica said...

Look how beautiful you two are! :) I love it! I'm so glad that the two of you had fun together.

Stacy said...

Wow - you look like you could be sisters! Great story! :-) I met one of my closest friends in the "craft mates" organizer section at the Zone! lol

Brooke S. Rochon said...

Good for you! Sounds like a great time.

ashley said...

Awwww... Fun times.

bt said...

who said u could talk about husbands?????

SAR girls said...

YAY! Good for you being brave! :)