Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm so on top of things around here

When did I become the parent who stopped paying attention to what was going on at school?
I blame it on the cookies.
I scheduled a play date (for me) for next Tuesday only to learn that they have the day off. Why? I don't know. I'm sure it's something super important.
And then, today I am sitting in a big pile of yarn (more later) when Emma walks in the door. At 11:25. I say, "Hey, what are you doing home?" and she replies that today they have a half day of school. All I can think to say is "For REAL?" I also missed parent/teacher conferences. That was only partly accidental- we were given the chance to opt out of conferences and I was leaning towards not going anyway. Emma's progress report shows 3 A's & 3 A+'s, so I thought maybe someone else could benefit from the teachers' extra time. The truth is, I did still forget.
Sheesh.
I spent my day very productively today. HA! Last year I had knit the back of a sweater for myself, and then decided to rework it, but never did anything with it. So today I frogged all 18 inches of the sucker. It was a pain. My ends were woven in so well I had a hard time finding them. And then, because I am stupid and like to waste time doing frustrating tasks, I frogged it into a pile on the floor. Which in two seconds flat turned into a tangled, irritating mess. 
I need to rub my walnut halves together a little more. For further explaination, please read Jen's blog today!

6 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

As soon as I read your "walnut halves" comment, I started laughing.

I always forget about School Picture Day. And, frankly, I don't give a crap about Science Night. Or Math Night. And especially not P.E. Night.

SAR girls said...

You have a simple case of "momnesia", my friend. it will clear up as soon as the kiddos leave your house for good! Great link, BTW! :)

refinance said...

I haven’t try to sell product online but I’ve plan to do this. Thanks for your article

stop blushing said...

thanks for sharing this valuable info

contact lenses uk said...

I keep wanting to get into affiliate marketing but am not quite sure how to do it - I have done more adsense, so thanks for the info.

printer ink said...

Hi this is very nice artical. and also very informative for the people who are looking for online income.