Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm so on top of things around here

When did I become the parent who stopped paying attention to what was going on at school?
I blame it on the cookies.
I scheduled a play date (for me) for next Tuesday only to learn that they have the day off. Why? I don't know. I'm sure it's something super important.
And then, today I am sitting in a big pile of yarn (more later) when Emma walks in the door. At 11:25. I say, "Hey, what are you doing home?" and she replies that today they have a half day of school. All I can think to say is "For REAL?" I also missed parent/teacher conferences. That was only partly accidental- we were given the chance to opt out of conferences and I was leaning towards not going anyway. Emma's progress report shows 3 A's & 3 A+'s, so I thought maybe someone else could benefit from the teachers' extra time. The truth is, I did still forget.
Sheesh.
I spent my day very productively today. HA! Last year I had knit the back of a sweater for myself, and then decided to rework it, but never did anything with it. So today I frogged all 18 inches of the sucker. It was a pain. My ends were woven in so well I had a hard time finding them. And then, because I am stupid and like to waste time doing frustrating tasks, I frogged it into a pile on the floor. Which in two seconds flat turned into a tangled, irritating mess. 
I need to rub my walnut halves together a little more. For further explaination, please read Jen's blog today!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I read your "walnut halves" comment, I started laughing.

I always forget about School Picture Day. And, frankly, I don't give a crap about Science Night. Or Math Night. And especially not P.E. Night.

SAR girls said...

You have a simple case of "momnesia", my friend. it will clear up as soon as the kiddos leave your house for good! Great link, BTW! :)

Anonymous said...

I haven’t try to sell product online but I’ve plan to do this. Thanks for your article

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this valuable info

Anonymous said...

I keep wanting to get into affiliate marketing but am not quite sure how to do it - I have done more adsense, so thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Hi this is very nice artical. and also very informative for the people who are looking for online income.