Thursday, March 19, 2009

FO-Is It Spring Yet? Twisted Flower socks

I finished these socks last week but didn't wash and block them until Tuesday, so I present them today. Ta-da!
These are a pattern called 'Twisted Flower' by the fabulously talented sock genius Cookie A. The pattern has been in my stash awhile, but I was always too chicken to try it. Lots of twisting that I was afraid to deal with. In the end, it was a very easy pattern to follow, just time consuming. After the first sock I was dreading the second sock,  but I refused to let myself start anything else until it was finished.
The yarn I used is Wollmeise Wellensittichvogelfeder , a highly sought after German yarn. There are no words to describe it other than delicious. It fells great in my hands. The color is vibrant. The fabric is smooshy and light. And I have a ton left over from one skein so I can make something else. :)
If I ever decide to make this pattern again, and I just might, as a challenge to myself, I will use a  more subtle colored yarn than this. As beautiful as it is, the stitches tend to get lost and after the amount of work I put into them, lost stitches wasn't what I was hoping for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fabric is smooshy and light. And I have a ton left over from one skein so I can make something else.

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! I have some of the Wollmeise that I am saving for the perfect sock pattern. BUT, I'm thinking that I'm really just hoarding the stuff...seriously, I should knit some socks, look how beautiful yours are!