Thursday, January 17, 2013

pay it forward, creatively!

I signed up again this year to do a creative pay it forward, where you make and send a little something to 5 people, and then those people are supposed to do the same thing, It's a nice way to brighten someone's day, and you feel really good in the process!
This  year's recipients are Jan Connair, Lisa Kemp, Cari Brennaman, Regan McDonald, Stacey Bogert, Jen Brecht, & Jennifer Hignite. Yes, I realize this is 7 people. I have a hard time saying no :)

I sent out my first 2 packages. This is the first!

Topiary beanie from weekend hats
for Jan Connair.





I love the lace motif on this hat, and it is gathered in the back so that it slouches just perfectly on your head. I overdyed the yarn, to make the pattern stand out more. The yarn took the dye oddly, so it's greener in some places, and there is a purple tinge in there as well. WTF? I used a dark teal dye, and am baffled as to why it came out unevenly.
The hat looks a different color in all 4 photos. Sigh. The last is the closest representation of what it really looks like.
It's a beautiful hat, but next time I won't screw around with the color. Kind of bummed me out.
Anyway, it's done and in Jan's hands!




2 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Fun! I'm looking forward to getting my package at some point in 2013. :-)

Benita said...

Drats, I missed the sign-ups :( That is so cute! The receiver is going to LOVE it!