Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sock experiment

My cousin Erin and I decided to try a sock experiment.
I knit a pair for her, she knits a pair for me.
Knitters choice on pattern, yarn & color.
After answering a few questions, I decided to knit Jedi MInd Trick in Fleece Artist's SeaCell yarn, a beautiful silvery grey. The pattern is from Cookie A.'s sock club last year, and won't be available to the public until later this year. It was a fun and challenging pattern. Now I'm itching to make myself something in a neutral color. I have nothing!

We met on Sunday and went to Zingerman's for lunch. Delish.


 This is the pair that Erin made for me. They are so soft and squishy and perfect in every way. The bind off is so stretchy...she needs to teach me that! I love love them.
 Here we are exchanging socks. We really were more excited than it looks. This is my first ever pair of socks that I didn't knit myself.
Awesome experiment. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

No comments: